Finding beauty in the unusual. Whimsically unique, hand painted original art by Kay Dunlap. Get a behind the scenes look at my creations and the stories behind them.
Guess this Skull
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Okay everyone! Sorry its been a hot minute! Here is another round of "Guess this Skull" Lets see if anyone can get this!
Hey all! I know I haven't really been keeping up with this blog as much as I can. I wish I had more time to just sit and type whats been going on, so here is a bit of an update! If your not already following me on Instagram, please do-There you'll get to see behind the scenes looks of creations on working on and more! Follow me @Deadluvart So life has just been crazy, there are times every one has where it all just seems non-stop. That's pretty much where I'm at currently. Still juggling two jobs-my art which one day I pray to be able to do full time and my job at the zoo! Don't get me wrong I love my zoo family but living with all this hand pain from overworking it-gets old at times. I know one day I'll have to make a choice, but for now ill keep gimping along. So I have been working on a few different things currently. One is a super huge secret, so that's all I can say about that, more on that next year! I've also been working on a few doggy p...
So I have been trying to do some free hand painting in my spare time! Working at the Zoo has been great, but it keeps me busy! I was used to having 4 days off, now I only have 2...so it's a lot harder to work on extra things! But I push on..so here is a small painting I did last weekend and a sketch for a big painting I am planning! You will proably see a lot of these post for a while...small paintings and sketches is all I really have time for! The painting is inspired by my back yard. Dark foggy nights are the best in the mountains... I painted this all free hand with acrylic paint...free hand has always been a challenge for me...mostly because I am O.C.D., so most of the time I draw on my canvas and then paint...I have been trying to challenge myself and I like what came out! I have also been working on a sea monster for another large painting I am working on...here is what I came up with. I got a lot of inspiration from my favorite monster drawing artis...
One of my friends and I took an adventure to the mountains the other day! We headed toward Georgetown. Our mission: Hiking Silver Dollar Lake and enjoying the lovely views of Guanella Pass. We happened to come at the perfect time as this was the last time of the year to see the leaves change. Coming from the Appalachian mountains of Georgia these views were so amazing yet so different. Its crazy to think about all the natural wonders that are just out there waiting for you to explore! Well needless to say it was a wonderful trip. We went off-roading in my friends little KIA and saw a peep show we were maybe not ready for! The trail was poorly marked so we veered off a little on our own adventure but eventually we made it to the lake! What a sight to be seen and me naturally I just want to jump on in. Heading the cold weather I opted out of my thought to dive. Afterwards we headed down the pass to Idaho Springs where we enjoyed a couple brews and some yummy fare at Tommy...
Comments
Post a Comment